I love having something warm and nourishing for breakfast, especially with the change of season
and colder weather rolling around! This morning I made a super yummy brown rice almond butter porridge. If you already have left over brown rice, it should only take about 5 minutes to make.
What you’ll need:
- Cooked brown rice
- Almond milk (homemade preferred)
- Roasted almond butter
- Optional: Honey or maple syrup
- Take desired amount of rice (I used about 1 1/2 cups) and put it in a small pot.
- Put about half a cup or a little more of almond milk in with your rice.
- Put the lid on the pot and let the rice and almond milk simmer for about 2-3 mins, or until soft.
- Add 1 tablespoon almond butter to the rice. You can also add a little honey or maple syrup for a sweeter porridge. Mix it up until porridge becomes creamy. Let simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Add a dash of nutmeg and cinnamon, and serve.
Samantha | Food Fanatic